After you register an account, an email is sent to your address with a link to use to verify and set up your BidSync account.
- Once clicked, a new browser tab opens to verify the token sent:
- If you wait too long and your token expires, you will be prompted to enter your email address for BidSync to resend the Registration Completion email with a new token:
- Once your address is verified, set your password and continue into setting up your profile:
- Please follow all password requirements:
- The tool recognizes when you have met all the appropriate parameters/requirements, indicated by the green checkmarks:
- The first part in setting up your business profile is identifying the company with which you are associated. As you type in a company name, the system will attempt to determine if your company already exists in the system:
- If you are joining an already established organization, a request is sent to the account administrator to approve adding you as a company user, which also provides the admin user the option of adding any purchased subscription licenses to your user:
- If the company information is accurate, verifying both the Company Name and Address, click Send Request in the bottom right-hand corner in order to progress to the next step of your account setup:
If you are the first person from your company registering an account, please make sure you enter unique company information that does not already exist in the BidSync system. Note that this solution services businesses throughout the United States and it is possible another company incorporated in a different state may have a name very similar to yours. When creating a new company, please provide all pertinent company information. Users creating a company are considered the administrator of the entire account and will manage requests from future users to join the company (as indicated in Step 7):
Once your account is active, you'll be prompted to provide additional details about your company which is used to identify meaningful opportunities:
- Part of your profile set-up is identifying Sales Territories across the company from where you would like to receive notifications and where you're willing to do business.
To select all States in the US, choose the first option; for the US and all Canadian provinces, choose the section option:
To identify specific states or provinces, select the last option and click Select States/Provinces:
It defaults to a map of the US, but using the list above, you can select a map of Canada or use the List format to identify the areas where you're willing to do business:
As a State/Province is selected, it will highlight in Orange. Once you've identified all the States for which you want to receive notifications (and the default for running manual searches), click Save to finish:
Remember, the Sales Territories will be default selected everytime you log into the BidSync tool. The Account preferences allow you to make permanent changes that update your notifications and pre-load these settings when searching manually in the tool. You can always adjust your searches to include different areas and keywords that don't impact the notifications or the defaults in your Bid Profile.
- Next it's time to start teaching the tool the types of bids your business is interested in by adding keywords about your company to improve the precision of the opportunities you see when searching in the system and subsequent Bid Notification emails. Keywords can consist of multiple terms (e.g. "parking lot," "bus parts," "mechanical engineering," etc.) or single words (e.g. "fleet," "engine," "condenser," etc.). Multiple terms entered together, or single words entered alone, operate like specific phrases the tool uses to search through the Titles and Summaries of each posted solicitation:
Once at least three (3) keywords have been entered, the tool presents a sampling of bids that match the keywords with diminishing levels of precision. Scroll down to review the samples of available bids and verify the relevant accuracy of your keyword selections. Then return above to make adjustments by revising existing keywords through adding or deleting, or identifying negative keywords used to eliminate some of the results not pertinent to your organization. The BidSync Tool is learning from you how best to convey the most relevant matches:
Scrolling down the sample list of bids, those which the tool identifies as a best match for the relevancy of your keywords will be at the top of the list. Bids with a less precise match, which may not be 100% exact (or only loosely related), are categorized as “Excellent Match,” “Possible Match,” or “Not Likely a Match,” are presented lower in the list:
While a minimum of three (3) keywords are required to progress to the step of the Bid Profile setup, add as many pertinent keywords to help the tool more precisely learn about which types of bids to notify you. The results containing the highest precision matches are present at the top of your list, and those containing fewer will trickle through the bottom. Bids are presented using the following classifications, in decreasing level of match precision: "Best Match"; "Excellent Match"; "Possible Match"; and, "Not Likely a Match".
Once you’ve finished, you can begin using the Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down function to teach the tool in order to improve and Increase Bid Relevancy of your search results and notifications.