To ensure that you are able to take full advantage of our system notifications, we suggest that you perform the following steps to make sure your profile is set up correctly:
- Go to bidsync.com and click Sign In.
2. Enter your email address and Click on NEXT.
3. Log into your account.
4. On the homepage click the bid notification settings link on the right-hand side of the page.
- When the Notifications page is displayed, check the Agency types and Notification type & frequency to ensure the proper boxes have been checked that you would like to receive notifications for. To receive everything in the system you will want to check all Agency types and check everything under Notifications type & frequency for email.
- Once you have updated the information on this tab, make sure you click Save.
- Next, click the classifications tab to edit the classification codes and regions on the account.
- To edit the Regions on the account, click Manage Regions, this will open a pop-up window with all of the available regions in the system. With the pop-up window open, users can select whole states or users can expand the states to select individual counties within states. To save the changes that made in the regions section, click Save at the bottom of the pop-up window.
In BidSync Classic, there are four different types of classification codes:
- NIGP (National Institute of Governmental Purchasing)
- UNSPSC (United Nations Standards Products and Services)
- CSI (Construction Specifications Institute)
- NAICS (North American Industry Classification System)
Only the NIGP classification codes are required on an account in BidSync Classic, but it is always a good idea to add the other three types of classification codes to the account, as there are several government agencies that may be using the other classification codes when releasing bids. To edit the classification codes, follow the steps below:
- Click on the tab of the classification codes that need to be edited and then click the Edit Classifications button:
This opens a pop-up window allowing users to search for and add or delete classification codes from the account.
- To search for codes to add to the account, type either a keyword(s) or NIGP code(s) into the search bar (if searching by NIGP codes, select the NIGP radio button) and click Search.
- Read through the classification codes that match the keywords that have been searched and select those codes that describe the company's services/products.
- Once all of the desired classification codes have been selected, click Save.
After all of the changes to the account have been saved, users should monitor their notifications to ensure that the bids that are received are accurate for what the user does. It takes 24 hours for the system notifications to update to these new settings before receiving them in your email inbox.
For a video demonstration, please watch: